Sunday 27 November 2016

Chicken and Spinach Pizza Wreath with Sriracha and Za'atar


Are you watching the Grey Cup today? Well, we're not! Truth be told, I didn't even know that it was game day today, until I saw someone tweet about it. It just so happens that what I made for Sunday brunch today is a perfect party appetizer!


You could mix up any filling really, but I shredded some yummy leftover fried chicken (two breasts and one thigh - the breading when baked gives this dish an amazing texture), three cups of spinach, one cup of mushrooms, two small diced onions and about half a cup grated mozzarella. For added flavour, I mixed in two tablespoons of BBQ sauce, two tablespoons of Sriracha sauce and salt and pepper to taste.


Roll your dough into a nice, thin circle and  cut a cross-like shape in it for easy folding. I made my own dough, but you could also use any pre-made dough like Pillsbury pizza dough, for example. Spoon your filling in a nice circle shape, leaving enough room on both sides of the dough for folding.


Fold the dough up, from point to side, making for a nice and simple wreath shape. Brush a tiny bit of oil (I used basil and chili pepper infused olive oil) over the dough to ensure a nice golden crispy dough, and then sprinkle with your choice of herbs. I used Za'atar, a Middle Eastern wild thyme and sesame blend. So delicious! Slide your wreath onto an aerated pizza pan and on 425F for roughly 30 minutes, turning to ensure an even colouring.


Serve with your choice of dips and sides! Here I used a spicy Sweet Potato and Harissa dip which has a hummus-like texture. You can make your own quite easily, but this one is from the President's Choice Insiders' Collection.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment